- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 950 ml vegetable broth
- Dried thyme
- Dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat 15 ml olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- Add the chopped carrots, chopped celery, diced sweet potato, and diced butternut squash to the pot. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in 950 ml vegetable broth and add dried thyme, dried rosemary, and paprika. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let the soup simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the vegetables are soft, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it reaches your desired consistency. If you prefer a chunkier soup, you can skip this step.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve the soup hot with some crusty bread or croutons on the side.
Enjoy your warm and comforting vegan autumn vegetable soup!