With calls for more businesses to accept social responsibility, BigChange is leading the way to promote responsible driving by business leaders and employees.
“Let’s make the biggest difference we can.” – Martin Port, BigChange Founder and CEO.
Many people drive every day for a living and spend hours behind the wheel. Business leaders have a responsibility to do what they can to make road safety a priority in our organisation.
Our roads aren’t as safe as they should be. The number of people killed in road crashes reached a five-year high in 2016 with 1,792 deaths and 24,101 serious injuries. Five people die every day on the road in the UK.
BigChange, the mobile workforce management creators, believe in walking the walk – or in this case, driving the drive. It’s partnered with Brake, the road safety charity, to launch a corporate and social responsibility campaign called Leaders for Life.
Leaders for Life brings together a group of influential and inspirational CEOs and senior executives who together will create a ‘movement for good’ through raising awareness of the importance of road safety and highlighting this in the workplace. The aim is to inspire a generation of company leaders who put safe driving awareness at the heart of their business strategy. BigChange will support Brake by generating positive publicity and inspiring engagement within businesses.
Alex Epstein, Manchester-based Chief Marketing Officer at BigChange said: “In businesses of all shapes and sizes, employees look to leaders to set an example and show them the way. “We’ve made a commitment to helping senior managers and top executives raise awareness of the importance of road safety in the workplace, giving them a platform to share their own driving improvements with their teams and other stakeholders. This is an incredibly powerful campaign and will save lives over the long term.”
This sentiment is repeated by Mary Williams OBE, the chief executive of Brake and Leaders for Life ambassador: “More than a fifth of all deaths and serious injuries on our roads involve someone driving for work. This statistic is a stark illustration of why CEOs must make safe driving a priority for their business.
“Brake is proud to support Leaders for Life, a fantastic initiative from BigChange, which helps CEOs to lead by example and promote safe driving behaviour to their employees.”
How it Works
Become an ambassador in seconds at Bigchange.com/leadersforlife. You’ll receive your membership pack and tracking device which plugs into your car’s OBD port – all modern cars have one – and tracks your speed relative to the roads you are driving on, and other driving behaviour such as the way you accelerate, brake and corner.
To track your performance as you go, download the JobWatch app, and on a monthly basis, a report will be generated showing each driver’s score out of 10 using the data gathered. Using this data BigChange will identify the best driver and most improved driver and donate a prize of £500 to Brake on each winner’s behalf and will run every month on an ongoing basis. It’s up to you how long you take part and if at any point you no longer want to continue, you can simply unplug the tracking device.
To be a Leaders for Life ambassador, participation is free – in fact, BigChange will donate £50 on your company’s behalf to Brake when the campaign begins too. When it comes to your data and results, you and BigChange are the only people to have access, and all data will be stored securely and conform to GDPR standards.
Benefits for Your Organisation
Model a deep commitment to road safety to your organisation and demonstrate duty of care to your drivers.
- Help reduce the number of people killed and injured by company drivers on UK roads.
- Raise awareness of safer driving techniques amongst the leaders of UK organisations.
- Inspire leaders across the UK and internationally to engage with their employees and stakeholders about road safety.
- Create positive PR about businesses and leaders that are putting road safety at the heart of their business strategy.
- Demonstrate to stakeholders and government the work that organisations are doing to make roads safer, and to keep employees and the public safe from harm.
- Receive a complimentary Brake professional membership and get unparalleled access to training, tools and guidance on global fleet safety best practice.
Benefits for You
- Be part of a positive, hard-hitting nationwide CSR campaign that will generate valuable coverage for all involved.
- Benefit from an innovative platform of engagement for your own internal activities and raise awareness of road and fleet safety in your organisation.
- Personal social media content for you to share and professional photography for your own use too.
- Networking opportunities with the other CEOs and leaders at events.
- Get valuable insights into your driving style and behaviours, improve fuel consumption and vehicle wear and tear.
- Two winners each month will attend an awards presentation and be presented with a winner’s plaque and certificate.
- All participants receive a Leaders for Life plaque and certificate.