Halloween is a fun holiday for kids, with costumes, trick-or-treating, and of course, lots of treats! Here is a simple recipe for a Halloween treat that kids will love: Halloween Monster Brownies.
- 225g unsalted butter
- 400g granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 95g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 130g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Candy eyes
- Colourful icing
- Preheat your oven to 175°C. Grease a 9×13 inch (or equivalent) baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Melt your butter, then stir in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Now add your dry ingredients, cocoa powder, plain flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix everything together until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use icing to draw “monster” faces on the brownies, you can also use cookie cutters to make your brownies into fun spooky shapes! Use sprinkles and candy eyes until they look monstrous enough to you and enjoy!
These Halloween Monster Brownies are a fun and easy treat to make with kids for Halloween. They’re perfect for Halloween parties or for handing out to trick-or-treaters. Enjoy!