It’s National Chicken Soup for the Soul Day, a time to celebrate who you are and how you got there.
Take time to nurture your soul on November 12th.
Chicken Soup for the Soul is based on the idea that chicken soup is warm and hearty. It’s the food your mother fed you when you were ill as a child or you reach for as an adult on a cold day to warm you up, the comforting aroma radiating heat and nourishment into the body.
Chicken soup for the soul is therefore about nurturing your soul to benefit your health. It’s getting that warm, radiating feeling through yoga, meditation, mindfulness, spirituality or whatever works for you to feel good about yourself. This can also include contribution – giving to others to feed the soul.
Here are five ways in which you can celebrate this awesome day:
- Pamper yourself. Take some time out of your daily routine to do something just for you, whether that is yoga, a warm bath, read a book or a walk through the park. Destress from work and everyday pressures.
- Try a new recipe out and share it with someone you know who would really appreciate it or is going through a hard time. This could even be a neighbour who lives alone and would appreciate you reaching out.
- Tell an inspiring story to a friend or family member. It will lift their spirits and remind them that you care about them.
- Exercise. It doesn’t have to be strenuous – it could be a hike or long walk, or you could go to the gym or for a swim. Exercise is good for getting that feel good factor.
- Start a blog or a diary to capture your thoughts. Writing is great therapy and it’s good to write about stressful times as a way of release as well as recording everything you are grateful for in life because gratitude is strongly and consistently associated with greater happiness.
While you’re celebrating National Chicken Soup for the Soul Day, be sure to share it with someone else. Celebrations are always better together.
Have a great day!