In the mood for a sweet treat? How about making some warm and comforting Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread? It’s a delightful twist on traditional banana bread with a sweet cinnamon swirl running through the centre.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread:
For the Banana Bread:
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 375g)
- 80ml unsalted butter, melted
- 5g baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 150g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 180g all-purpose flour
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 50g granulated sugar
- 7.5g ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 175°C. Grease a 23×13 cm loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Add the baking soda and a pinch of salt, then mix.
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and gently mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon for the swirl.
- Pour half of the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter on top and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top.
- Use a knife to swirl the cinnamon sugar through the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Slice and enjoy your delicious Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread! It’s perfect with a cup of tea or coffee on a chilly winter day.